Gauging The Financial Performance Of Banking Using Camel Model: The Prospect Of Islamic Bank In Indonesia According To Public Trust Compared With Conventional Bank

HANDJAJA, YOHANNA (2013) Gauging The Financial Performance Of Banking Using Camel Model: The Prospect Of Islamic Bank In Indonesia According To Public Trust Compared With Conventional Bank. [Undergraduate thesis]

Full text not available from this repository. (Request a copy)
Official URL: http://digilib.ubaya.ac.id/pustaka.php/232888

Abstract

This study was conducted to test the effect of CAMEL to Depositor Funds of Islamic banks compared with conventional banks which listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange during the period 2008-2010. The population of this study was 5 Islamic banks and 5 Conventional banks in the same companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange the period 2008-2010. Sampling technique used here is the purposive sampling criteria (1) banks with financial year 2008-2010, (2) banks that have both banking systems which are conventional banks and Full Fledge Islamic banks (3) and the company does not suspended during the study period 2008-2010. This data is obtained based on the bank's financial statements each publication in Indonesia Banking Directory. Analysis technique used is multiple regressions with generalized least square and hypothesis testing using the t-statistic for testing the partial regression coefficients and F-statistics to test the effect together with the confidence level of 5%. Research indicates that Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) has a significant positive influence on depositor funds. In this study also found Operating Expenses to Operating Income (OEOI) has a significant positive influence on depositor funds and for the Financing to Deposits Ratio (FDR) has significant positive influence on depositor funds. As for Return on Assets (ROA) and Non Performing Financing (NPF) has no significant positive influence on depositor funds. Simultaneously indicates there are influences between variable CAR, NPF, OEOI, ROA, and FDR together give effect to the depositor funds of the bank listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange and Bank Indonesia in the period 2008-2010. Magnitude of these effects was 99.6% and the remaining 0.4% is influenced by factors outside of CAMEL. In this study the variables that most influence Return On Asset (ROA) designated by the number of standard beta coefficient of 1.67, Non-Performing Financing (NPF) 0.50, Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) -0.03, Financing to Deposits Ratio (FDR) -0.03, and Operating Expenses to Operating income (OEOI) of 0.12.

Item Type: Undergraduate thesis
Uncontrolled Keywords: Islamic Bank
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HF Commerce
Divisions: Faculty of Business and Economic > Department of Economic
Depositing User: Hari Subagijo 201031
Date Deposited: 10 Apr 2014 10:44
Last Modified: 03 Jun 2014 02:38
URI: http://repository.ubaya.ac.id/id/eprint/10390

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item