Performance test of a grid-tied PV system to power a split air conditioner system in Surabaya

Tarigan, Elieser (2017) Performance test of a grid-tied PV system to power a split air conditioner system in Surabaya. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 273. ISSN 1757-899X

[img]
Preview
PDF
Performance test of a grid-tied PV system_IOP Material Science1_Elieser Tarigan.pdf

Download (1619Kb) | Preview

Abstract

Air conditioner for cooling air is one of the major needs for those who live in hot climate area such as Indonesia. This work presents the performance test of a grid-tied PV system to power air conditioner under a hot tropical climate in Surabaya, Indonesia. A 800 WP grid-tied photovoltaic (PV) system was used, and its performance was tested to power a 0.5 pk of split air conditioner system. It was found that about 3.5 kWh daily energy was consumed by the tested air conditioner system, and about 80% it could be supplied from the PV system. While the other 20% was supplied by the grid during periods of low solar irradiation, 440 Wh of energy was fed into the grid during operation out of office hours. By using the grid-tied PV system, the energy production by PV system did not need to match the consumption of the air conditioner. However, a larger capacity of PV system would mean that a higher percentage of the load would be covered by PV system.

Item Type: Article
Subjects: A General Works > AC Collections. Series. Collected works
T Technology > T Technology (General)
T Technology > TA Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General)
T Technology > TJ Mechanical engineering and machinery
Divisions: Faculty of Engineering > Department of Electrical Engineering
Depositing User: Elieser Tarigan 6199
Date Deposited: 24 Jan 2018 10:46
Last Modified: 30 Nov 2018 08:33
URI: http://repository.ubaya.ac.id/id/eprint/31531

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item